Saturday, August 18, 2012

Day 79 - Rockford, Illinois

It is Friday, August l7th, and we finally made it home.  Last day of my Blog - I can't believe I did it all these days.  I'm not going to know what to do without sitting at the computer every night and writing to you.  I do hope that you enjoyed it and all of you had a wonderful journey of your own this summer and I look forward to hearing about it. 

Before we got home very late, we stopped in Chicago to see our families.  It was a long summer and we missed them all.


Funny story - notice the Silver Jeep in front of the yellow truck - that's Kevin, our nephew.  He was heading North in Michigan, while we were heading South to Chicago.  We were in contact for about 20 minutes until we actually saw each other in passing.  He actually waved out the sun roof, but I didn't have time to take a second picture.  Already we are seeing family - how cool!  Couple pictures of the city and Sear's Tower or Willis as it is known now.  Middle picture is of Bruce's parent's and  Kristin, our niece.  We were all able to go out to lunch together.   Kristin and Skyler (who was getting the Jeep) were also in our first blog.  After lunch, we met MaryAnn and Ron, my Sister and brother-in-law.  They are taking the cruise with us and going to our daughter's wedding in Greece - very special people.



Here we are downtown Chicago with Dawn, Michael and Sophia, the dog.  It was so much fun seeing them and talking about the plans for the wedding which is coming up very soon.  Bottom left is a picture of Soldier's Field and bottom right is of the Sear's Tower.  Hard to see at night but I love all the city lights.  We went out for dinner and hated to leave but we dropped off the RV in the suburbs so we had to hook it up again and get on home.  As it was, we didn't get home until 12:30 a.m. - a very long day.

I want to thank everyone that kept up with us via my blog.  It felt like you were all traveling with us.  We really appreciated it and should any of you do a blog of a trip, please let me know so I can keep up with you.  We had an awesome trip, met a lot of new friends and saw another part of our beautiful world. 

Take care, be safe, stay healthy and please keep in touch when you can.  God Bless!


Bye Bye!!


No comments:

Post a Comment