Monday, July 2, 2012

Day 32, Prince Edward Island

Oh My, it is Day 3 of sunshine – Thank You Lord!!!  Hope all my Canadian Friends enjoyed a great Canada Day this lst day of July.  It seemed like everyone here on the Island had themselves a great time.  I do have a correction to yesterday’s blog.  I told you that there were 2000 or so motorcyclists here for a charity drive – my error.  We talked to a couple bikers and they told me that the total count was 9,000 and it was just a certain biker group that were just getting together for the fun of it.  Now that I’ve got that out of the way…

We had a fun day on our own driving around the Island and spending several hours at the beach. 




We walked the beautiful sandy beach and hiked around some rocks.  There were some neat rock formations. Bruce tried pushing one over, but it didn't move.   Of course, there was a Light House.  I thought the water would have been colder but it actually wasn’t too bad.  It was very shallow with a lot of sand bars.



More rock formations to walk through and around.  The beach went on forever and sand very soft to walk on.  The air was a bit cool but the sun was warm so it was a great day to be at the beach. 





At 5 PM we had our travel briefing and went out for dinner.  As you can see, Lobster is the main item on the menu.  The food was very good.  The 60 foot salad bar was great even included Mussels.  By the way, I did have several of them and even took a couple bites of Bruce’s lobster.  The Mussels weren’t all that bad – liked them better than the lobster.  As Rod and Patty are displaying, they are a mess to eat - too much work for me.

We walked around afterwards and saw some of the celebration for Canada Day but nothing too much for us to do so we came back to the park and played cards with friends.  It was a fun day just relaxing for a change.  Hope you all had a great Sunday as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment